Saturday, June 20, 2009

Salt Spill... Bring Life

"If you want to experience joy, bring joy. Be a life giver."
-Jim Way.

My mentor said these words to me this morning, after having me read Acts 20.
.......
.......
What am I DOING?!

I feel like I've gotten so caught up in my brokenness that all I am longing for is happiness, but what is that?! Nothing more than a temporary sensation, like a bite of chocolate cake.

Circumstances change, but the way I view life will not unless I CHANGE IT. Everything I need to experience joy and to be content I already have now, it's not about looking forward to this or that and waiting for that moment, it's about making that moment come alive NOW.

Here I've been waiting for something to happen TO ME, rather than doing as it says in Isaiah 61:1 -The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed.

Before I can expect to be released from where I am at I must PROSPER where I am planted. One would never move a small plant to a larger pot if it were not first thriving there would they?

I suppose it is the same for me and the Lord.
He is the great gardener, and I am his garden.




1 comment:

Meghan Fife said...

Love it. I can't get one of Jim Elliot's quotes out of my head lately..."Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the HILT every situation you believe to be the will of God for your life."

And of course, this moment IS His will, and I want to squeeze every ounce of life out of every moment. 'Cause we won't get that one back...

Thanks for living a life I can emulate.