Monday, January 12, 2009

Salt Spill... Overflow

I can't believe I'm writing in here again, so soon anyway.
I've been thinking a lot lately about the lost...

oh how I love them.. So much.
I think every time I stop and ponder about all the masses of people who will burn in hell because they never decided to truly take the gospel and story of Jesus seriously, it makes my heart break... the more I think about it the more grief and pain and even fear I feel rise up in me...

But grief, pain, and ESPECIALLY fear will not save people from Hell...
Love and ONLY love will do it. 
true.
real.
unconditional.
Jesus Christ.
crazy.
limitless.
love.

and that's it...
I am currently working as a fitness consultant @ TNT family fitness, a gym in Port Saint Lucie FL where I have met only 2 other people who call themselves Christians...

The rest, broken... battered... & bruised.
No REAL joy, just temporary happiness.
No REAL life, just here on earth.
No REAL love, just what mistakenly have experienced it to be.
No REAL God, just the wooden/plastic/famous idols that will one day burn.

MY HEART IS WRENCHED....

To me, I see christianity as a once starving man who has finally found where the harvest of food is... it is our job to tell the others who are dying of that same hunger we once suffered...

I go to work day in and day out, seeing these people every day trying to temporarily satisfy & fill a gaping hole inside of them the size of eternity... 

I read in a book somewhere, "it's not what you say that changes people, its the love you give..."
Tonight I talked to this beautiful young woman who wasn't more than 19 or 20 
years old.. She had already been cheated on in a past relationship more than 17 times.. and she kept saying she didn't know what she had done to go through all of it but that God was now giving her a piece of heaven because of the hell that she had gone through before...

My heart breaks because THEY DO NOT KNOW HIM!
Oh, that they WOULD KNOW HIM... If they could understand HE IS ALIVE!!
That's the most reoccurring thought right now for me...

So I have been loving them, I have been working alongside them, rubbing elbows and hoping that maybe... just maybe, their time would come and I would be able to see God do a miracle in someone's heart.

Think of it like Jesus said in Mark in verses 26-29

"Then Jesus said, 'God's kingdom is like seed thrown on a field by a man who then goes to bed and forgets about it. The seed sprouts and grows—he has no idea how it happens. The earth does it all without his help: first a green stem of grass, then a bud, then the ripened grain. When the grain is fully formed, he reaps—harvest time!'"

So when it comes down to it... We can plant the seed, and even water it.. but it is GOD that brings the growth.. and it always will be, because.. well, we are HIS children.. and 
so are they.

[I corinthians 1:17]

One day though... every tongue will confess, and every knee will bow at the name of Jesus... when they know and understand what he did... and even the ones that don't will be faced with the truth. 

May the overflow of our love impact people, may they experience the fragrance of who Jesus Christ is through you and I... After all, we are his hands and his feet.

3 comments:

Meghan Fife said...

Hmmm...Bianca Duffield. This is good.

Steve said...

thats a great conviction, keep it up!

Pablo Mora said...

Gooood
Really goood....