Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Salt Spill... Faith

Wow...
So I just talked to my BELOVED friend Kristina Kingsmill today for the first time, who has been in the hospital for the last month of her life recovering from being hit by a car... You think about stuff like that happening to "other people" but never does it really hit you until it happens to you or someone you know... and it just makes me think...

FAITH.

God spared her life. Why? Because He wanted to.

...Not because He had to or because He was obligated to, but because He just decided to do it! God is GOOD. We seem to think that with changing circumstances God seizes to be good or seizes to bless us, yet our circumstances have absolutely NOTHING to do with the character of God...


Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name

And blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Through there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him" - Job 1:4-5

My life is pretty routine...
Pretty regular...
Pretty normal... ew. But I hate normal?

Well... I guess normal right now is meaning:
I am being refined
I am being broken
I am being torn
I am bring shattered
I am being RUINED...

...and yet, I WILL CHOOSE TO STILL TRUST IN HIM... Because I KNOW He's just getting started... And before things start moving in the natural there are things shifting in the supernatural, in the unseen... And instead of looking at life from where I stand I will DAILY choose to trust Him and thank Him, that even though my circumstances have changed HE HAS NOT.
Even though things are different, His promise over my life is STILL THE SAME....

"She will be a prophetess and a soul winner"

There are three types of people in life - The driver, the passenger, or the luggage...
I trust God to drive...
I don't have to sit in the front seat seeing everything he is doing...
Instead... I think I'll choose to be in the dark, in the trunk, trusting that He is taking me where I need to go.. I know in time everything will be revealed.

...That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong... 2 Corinthians 12:10

Did I mention that I get to see the love of my life in... 6 DAYS?!

Life is good, but even when it's not... GOD IS.




No comments: