Thursday, December 18, 2008

Salt Spill... Lessons

hmm...
So much to say.

Well, things are a' changin' that's fo sho.

Tara Janik, my beloved roommate & sister for life, moved out of our condo the day before yesterday.
This makes me sad.

Why does it always seem that right when you're getting the hang of something the time is over?
Perhaps that's when you've learned all you can..
I dont know.

My relationship with Michael has significantly changed as well. Maybe not the feelings, but things have definitely been put into some major alignment...
Which is a GREAT thing.

Here is what I wrote a couple of my closest friends on facebook about it, I hope it makes sense...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!
I just wanted to explain something that recently happened that may have caught your attention.

Michael and I "broke up."

AH.
I know that is probably something none of you were expecting but I want to explain it to you...

The terms "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" are ridiculous.

Calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend doesn’t work because it only implies that there is a romantic relationship and it doesn’t distinguish the difference between relationships with other people of the opposite gender…

So if I have a guy who is my friend isn't he a boy-friend? And also, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I WANT TO BE WITH A BOY?

THIS IS WORLDY!

Using worldly terms cause you to act in a worldly way
This is what's really going on here...

We are a brother and sister who are searching God's purpose for our relationship....

We are redefining our relationship... BIBLICALLY.
We are friends

We are attracted to each other..
We see that both of us have a heart to seek and know Jesus Christ..
We see potential of what could or may be..
We have a cultural connection

The language you use will put you in bondage..
Here are BIBLICAL levels of relationships..

1. Stranger - You don't know each other AT ALL.
2. Acquaintance - You know their name
3. Comrade - You work with each other
4. Brother/Sister - You are connected through emotional/feeling love
5. Friend - NO GREATER LOVE THAN THIS, THAN A MAN WHO WOULD LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIEND JOHN 15:13
6. Partner - Marriage

The only term used in the bible for a woman who is with a man is BETROTHED... Which means to be married or engaged and the term MARRIED.

There are certain things that need to be in order for a man and a woman to be married one day.. He needs to have a vision for WHERE he is taking you, a career, some type of spiritual objection, he needs to be FINANCIALLY STABLE and he needs to be living a life worthy of RESPECTING..

There are still things that are missing in this equation for Michael and I to be married one day so to call it courting isn't right either.. because he's not in the place to marry me yet right? so why are we putting pressure on ourselves to get married and be right spiritually because of some man created title? it's about GOD'S TIMING NOT OURS.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND that I am not trying to just take labels off or something pointless like that, I am trying to be OBEDIENT and I feel like too often in my life I have swam with the current of this world and I REFUSE TO CONTINUE DOING THAT!

So until I am in the position to be "betrothed" I need to PURSUE GOD for these things as does Michael.

How can I be a citizen of heaven if I act like a citizen of THIS WORLD?

It's about using KINGDOM LANGUAGE
What is dating?
What is boyfriend/girlfriend?
What is getting "asked out" or "hit on" ?
These are not words of THE KINGDOM and if I continue to use them it is going to be how I end up acting!

People have "wordly" marriages and divorces because everything that leads up to their marriage is WORDLY!

KINGDOM LANGUAGE

I’m not going to let terms of THIS WORLD & let limitations and boundaries keep me in bondage.

I am pursuing the Lord with my brother in Christ Michael to see if it is HIS WILL that we be in a partner relationship with each other one day.

In HIS Love & Grip I Remain,
Bianca

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things are GOOD in my life. The Lord is working, doing, and undoing things.. Refining and purifying... He is here. In my life. Now.

I am so alone but at the same time I have never been so not alone.
Deut. 31:6- "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Duet. 31:8- "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

2 comments:

Samantha said...

wow. you def put that in a different perspective! i have never heard it like that but i think i like it! congrats on searching for God's face over the worldly things!

Timothy Reeves said...

interesting, interesting. Well, if it goes against your conscience...don't do it.
Good call my Honor Academy, CA friend...person, pall, buddy.
: )

tim.
reformata.